The following requirements were decided upon to define what OpenTelemetry (OTel) signals the application will produce & when support for future SDKs should be added:
- The demo must produce OTel logs, traces, & metrics out of the box for languages that have a GA SDK.
- Languages that have a Beta SDK available may be included but are not required like GA SDKs.
- Native OTel metrics should be produced where possible.
- Both manual instrumentation and instrumentation libraries (auto-instrumentation) should be demonstrated in each language.
- All data should be exported to the Collector first.
- The Collector must be configurable to allow for a variety of consumption experiences but default tools must be selected for each signal.
- The demo application architecture using the Collector should be designed to be a best practices reference architecture.
Last modified February 7, 2023: Demo docs: rename pages to follow website naming (#2293) (4699536)