Getting started for Ops
This is the getting-started page for you if:
- You run a set of applications in production.
- Your goal is to get telemetry out of them without touching their code.
- You want to collect traces, metrics, and logs from several services and send them off to your observability backend.
OpenTelemetry can help you! To accomplish your goal of getting telemetry out of applications without touching their code, we recommend that you learn the following:
- What is OpenTelemetry?
- How can I instrument applications without touching their code?
- How can I set up a collector?
- How can I get automation for Kubernetes with the OpenTelemetry Operator?
If you are looking for a set of applications to try things out, you will find our official OpenTelemetry demo useful!
Last modified June 6, 2023: Restructure concept pages for instrumentation (#2763) (249224e)