General Semantic Conventions
This document defines general Semantic Conventions for spans, metrics, logs and events.
The following general Semantic Conventions are defined:
- General attributes: General semantic attributes.
- Events: General Semantic Conventions for events.
- Logs: General Semantic Conventions for logs.
- Metrics: General Semantic Conventions for metrics.
- Spans: General Semantic Conventions for traces / spans.
Event Name Reuse Prohibition
A new event MUST NOT be added with the same name as an event that existed in the past but was renamed (with a corresponding schema file).
When introducing a new event name check all existing schema files to make sure the name does not appear as a key of any “rename_events” section (keys denote old event names in rename operations).