The OpenTelemetry Demo is a microservice-based distributed system intended to illustrate the implementation of OpenTelemetry in a near real-world environment.
The OpenTelemetry Demo does the following:
- Provides a realistic example of a distributed system that can be used to demonstrate OpenTelemetry instrumentation and observability.
- Builds a base for vendors, tooling authors, and others to extend and demonstrate their OpenTelemetry integrations.
- Creates a living example for OpenTelemetry contributors to use for testing new versions of the API, SDK, and other components or enhancements.
If you find yourself asking questions like:
- How should I use the SDK for my language?
- What’s the best way to use OpenTelemetry APIs?
- How should my services be configured?
- How should my OpenTelemetry Collector be configured?
- How do I consider the architecture of a system using OpenTelemetry?
Then check out the Demo.
Last modified January 24, 2023: Add ecosystem section (#2185) (9fbbc23)