The OpenTelemetry Demo is a microservice-based distributed system intended to illustrate the implementation of OpenTelemetry in a near real-world environment.
The OpenTelemetry Demo does the following:
- Provides a realistic example of a distributed system that can be used to demonstrate OpenTelemetry instrumentation and observability.
- Builds a base for vendors, tooling authors, and others to extend and demonstrate their OpenTelemetry integrations.
- Creates a living example for OpenTelemetry contributors to use for testing new versions of the API, SDK, and other components or enhancements.
If you find yourself asking questions like:
- How should I use the SDK for my language?
- What’s the best way to use OpenTelemetry APIs?
- How should my services be configured?
- How should my OpenTelemetry Collector be configured?
- How do I consider the architecture of a system using OpenTelemetry?
For more information, see:
Last modified July 12, 2023: Introduce additional textlint rules (#3011) (8023bf0b)