OpenTelemetry distributions are a way of customizing OpenTelemetry components so that they’re easier to deploy and use with specific observability backends.
Any third-party can customize OpenTelemetry components with backend, vendor, or end-user specific changes. You don’t have to use a distributions in order to use OpenTelemetry components, though distributions might facilitate usage under certain circumstances, such as specific vendor requirements.
The following list contains a sample of OpenTelemetry distributions and the component they customize.
NoteOpenTelemetry does not validate or endorse the third-party distributions listed in the following table. The list is provided as a convenience for the community.
To have your distribution listed, submit a PR with an entry added to the distributions list. The entry must include the following:
- Link to the main page of your distribution
- Link to the documentation that explains how to use the distribution
- List the components your distribution contains
- GitHub handle or email address as a point of contact so that we can reach out in case we have questions
- If you provide external integration of OpenTelemetry for any kind of library, service, or app, then consider adding it to the registry.
- If you adopt OpenTelemetry for observability as an end user and do not provide any kind of services around OpenTelemetry, see Adopters.
- If you provide a solution that consumes OpenTelemetry to offer observability to end users, see Vendors.
Listed alphabetically ↩︎